Important Information about Quantum Finance Limited
Our Business Details
The Quantum Group of services includes the following entities, Financial Advice Providers, and services:
Quantum Finance Limited is a Licensed Financial Advice Provider approved by the FMA to provide Financial Advice services.
Financial Services Provider (FSP) number 751471.
The special condition on our Licence notes that we have four Authorised Bodies as detailed below.
- Quantum Finance NZ Limited (FSP 748272)
- Quantum Risk Limited (FSP 558167)
- Quantum Finance BOP Limited (FSP 1003172)
- Amor Insurance Services Limited (FSP 769091)
Quantum F&G Limited (FSP 748271) is an Authorised Body of PSC Connect Limited (FSP 331526) – please refer to the “Important information” tab at PSC Connect www.pscconnect.co.nz
iRefix.nz is also a service offered by Quantum Finance. And consists of a website and social media pages.
Our office contact details:
Phone: 0800BROKER (0800 276 537)
Address: B2/99 Greenwood Street, Frankton, Hamilton 3204
• Home Loans, Investment Property Finance, and KiwiSaver (Quantum Finance NZ Ltd)
• Business Finance (Quantum Finance NZ Ltd)
• Life & Health Insurance (Quantum Risk)
• Fire & General Insurance (Quantum F & G Ltd)
• Vehicle, Asset, Machinery & Equipment Finance (Quantum Finance NZ Ltd)
Products we can advise on:
• Mortgage lending (Personal & Business)
• Term life, Disability Income, Health Insurance, Family Income, Trauma, Total and Permanent Disability (TPD), Accidental Death, Mortgage Protection
• Asset Finance (Personal & Business)
• Fixed Rate Reviews
Product Providers we may recommend:
- ANZ, ASB, Westpac, BNZ, TSB, SBS, Co-operative Bank, AIA, Liberty, Resimac,
NZCU, FMT, Select, Basecorp, Heartland, UDC, Avanti Finance, ASAP, CFML, Cressida,
DBR, Peppermoney, Prospa, Southern Cross
- AIA, Partners Life, Asteron Life, Fidelity Life, AMP, Cigna, NIB, Accuro
- Booster, Generate, Koura, Milford Asset Management
Each Quantum Finance Adviser is a specialist in a particular field i.e. Mortgage, Insurance or Investment. For detailed information on the type of Financial Advice our advises are qualified to give, and the product providers they are accredited to work with, visit the “Important information” link on each advisers website profile.
Fees & Expenses:
Generally, Quantum Finance doesn’t charge fees or expenses of any kind for the financial advice provided to our clients. This is possible because on settlement of a loan, issuing of a policy, or KiwiSaver funds under management, we usually receive commission from the lender or provider. But, there are exceptions (explained below) and your adviser will let you know if any of these will apply to you.
- PRORATED: a fee that is assessed to reflect an amount of time that is less than the full term included in your initial agreement
- TRAIL COMMISSION: if you choose to repay or refinance your home loan within 28 months of settlement, your lender will “clawback” the orginal commission payment from Quantum, according to their clawback rules. A “prorated” clawback fee will then be charged to your adviser.
- Ongoing commission: a percentage of the value of the outstanding loan amount or premiums, usually calculated at the end of each month in which you hold the loan, or on renewal of insurance products.
- Where other costs are incurred in the process of providing our advice and services to you, you will be
liable for these costs. However, we will agree all additional costs with you prior to incurring them.
Conflicts of interest:
We’re here for our clients and to advise you as best we can. Your interests remain our priority although we do have business relationships with product providers also. From time to time our product providers assist us with funding so we can bring our advisers together for conferences and professional development training.
As noted above, Quantum Finance and our financial advisers receive commissions from the providers, insurers, and lenders we recommend to you. If you decide to act on our insurance, finance or KiwiSaver advice, Quantum Finance will receive a commission that will be shared with your adviser. That commission amount is based on your insurance premium, loan amount, or KiwiSaver balance.
What should you do if something goes wrong?
If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of my service, please tell me so I can try to fix the problem. You’re also welcome to contact our internal disputes service by:
- phoning 0800BROKER (276 537)
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- in writing to PO Box 5301, Frankton, Hamilton, 3242
If we can’t agree on how to resolve the issue, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Ltd. This service will cost you nothing and will help us resolve any disagreements. You can contact FSCL (Financial Services Complaints Ltd) by emailing email@example.com, on 0800 347 257 or in writing to Financial Services Complaints Ltd, PO Box 5967, Lambton Quay, Wellington, 6145.
We are bound by the duties of the Financial Markets Conduct Act to meet the standards of competence, knowledge and skill as set out in the Code of Conduct for Financial Advice Providers. We give priority to our clients’ interest and we exercise care, diligence and skill. We meet the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care as set out in the Code of Conduct.